Monday, January 16, 2017

#WhatsInMyBag January '17 and what I need for a basic face!



Hi, I'm back!

For my first post of 2017 I thought I'd share what I lug around with me, including the products I need to do a basic look if God forbid I leave the house without my face on. ;)

In my big teal vegan-leather tote from Namaste, I've got:

1. Ticket stub from Flight of the Concords at Red Rocks last summer.  I just came across it in my bag and I left it because it's such a happy memory :)

2. My Kindle, cleverly disguised as Tina Belcher's erotic friend fiction notebook.  Currently reading on Kindle: The Handmaid's Tale, but I haven't been working on it lately because it feels too real these days.

3. Heart-shaped RX sunglasses from Zenni Optical, and an extra glasses case for my non-shades.

4. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

5. Business cards for my tattoo artist, Ana of Poisoned Apple Ink, so if people compliment her art I can refer.

6. My bullet journal, a Moleskine squared which is my favorite.

7. 2 of my fave pens, Monami Plus 3000, and a hot pink Pentel pen and a little cheapie stylus.

8. A tiny leather notebook with my new initials that my love gave me on our wedding night.

10. Therapy notebook, where I keep track of goals and burning issues.

11. Trashy true crime novel.  I'm so into true crime these days (books and podcasts). I think that kind of horror distracts me from the current political horror that really freaks me out.

12. Wallet that I got on clearance at Macy's.

13. The ear buds that came with my phone turned out to be really comfy.

14. These phone-cord hairties are so good!

15. Compact mirror that I ordered from China because I found it amusing.

16. Vape case with my Halo e-cig

17. Totoro coin purse that I got for Xmas.

18. My mom "lent" me this hankie for my something borrowed at the wedding.  I haven't seen her yet to give it back.

19. Benefit makeup bag that was a GWP a friend didn't want.

And on to my makeup go-bag contents:

20. A little "crystal" nail file I got cheap on Amazon

21. Mario Badescu rosewater spray. It's just refreshing and it smells nice!

21. Tiny NARS blush in Goulue--it's a pretty dark rose color, looks very natural on me. On the go I would just pat a little on with fingers.

23. Tony Moly Cat's Wink translucent powder. The powder is fine but I really wanted the kitty compact. :D

24. Makeup Forever DS eyeliner pencil. It's very smooth and if I'm doing a super basic look I'd just tightline my upper lash line with this.

25. Benefit Rollerlash. This is one of my 2 favorite non-drugstore mascaras (the other being Too Faced Better Than Sex).  The brush grips my lashes really well and it doesn't seem to smudge on me even though it's not waterproof.

26. NARS matte lip crayon, I think this was a sephora reward.  A nice neutral MLBB shade.

27. Lipstick Queen Medieval.  This stuff is damn near perfect.  Very pretty, sheer muted red, very moisturizing, and I love their brushed metal packaging.

28. Makeup Forever lipstick.  This was a GWP or it might have come in an Ipsy bag.  It's a really pretty mauve shade, satin finish, long-wearing.  Very nice formula.

29. Missha Eye Fit stick shadow, in a warm taupe color, great to just put on lid & blend up a little. It is matte and the wear time is excellent. No creasing!

30. Maybelline Fit Me concealer, the best drugstore concealer I've tried. Good coverage, not cakey.  Does crease a littlw bit :/

31. Neutrogena sheer pale pink lip balm that I got in a Target beauty box.

32. Nerdwax: it's like a lip balm that you put on the bridge of your specs to keep them from slipping down your nose.

33. Brow pencil that I don't love from an Ipsy bag but it works in a pinch.

34.  Becca Backlight Priming Filter.  I just love this stuff alone or under foundation.  Such a gorgeous, subtle glow.  I'll be sad when this little DS runs out, I wonder if I can refill it...

And that's "it" lol! I can do a full basic face with this go-bag and I can touch up with it too.  Each of these lip products are really neutral in case I forget to pop today's lipstick into my bag I can touch up with one of these, no matter what look I'm rocking that day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment